A new Gallup poll does not bode well for Democrats as the election draws nearer. This poll was directed specifically at Democrats rather than Congress in general, and included several of the issues believed to be key in the next election. The question asked was:
As you may know, the Democratic Party gained majority control of Congress in January. How do you feel about the job the Democrats in Congress are doing on each of the following issues — pleased, neutral, disappointed, or angry?
Here are the results:
If you combine the pleased/neutral and disappointed/angry, categories, you see some definite trends. In particular:
– 47% are angry with the Democrats on terrorism
– 53% are angry with the Democrats on the economy
– 55% are angry with the Democrats on government reform
– 60% are angry with the Democrats on health care
– 68% are angry with the Democrats on Iraq
– 65% are angry with the Democrats on immigration
– 60% are angry with the Democrats on the federal deficit
These results cannot possibly make the Democrats happy! On the other hand, the Republicans should charge full steam ahead on these issues, pointing out the differences between their platform and the platform of the Democrats. It is a winning combination!
The other key thing to note on this poll is that these results are not highly partisan (visit the link for the full details) – this anger is from Democrats as well as Republicans and Independents.
The Democrat leadership is completely out of touch with normal Americans, instead pandering to the far-left anti-America socialist crowd. If they keep this up (and if the Republicans have the guts to capitalize on it), they’ll lose big-time in the 2008 election.
There’s my two cents.