I've often looked on in stunned wonderment at the other-worldly ability of Barack the Obamessiah's followers to ignore facts and reality. Sure, the media is carrying his water, shielding him from negative press and offering a continuous stream of fluffy warm fuzzy pieces to prop up his many deficiencies. But, even the media bias only goes so far, because some things have gotten out on a mass scale despite their best containment efforts. Both the Rev. Wright hate-speech and the spread-the-wealth comment have gotten a lot of play, even in the mainstream media, but Obots have only gotten more rabid in their support of their candidate in such a way that it truly does approach religious zeal (thus the mocking 'Obamessiah' nickname), complete with tears and fainting.
So, what is driving these Obots in their fervor?
Before getting into this, I want to be very clear: when I say Obots, I'm not talking about all Obama supporters or all people who will vote for Obama. There are plenty of people who support Obama because of his positions on the issues. I get that, and respect all of you. You're supposed to support your candidate because of what he or she will do if elected to office – that's how this whole representative republic system works. I disagree with you, but that's okay. That's the color that makes America great. No, when I say 'Obots', I'm talking about the people who are blinders-on, couldn't-tell-you-his-positions, can't-debate-so-resort-to-insults, faint-and-weep people, like these idiots who clearly have no idea what Obama stands for. They're followers rather than supporters. There's a big difference. If you understand that difference, you must be a supporter, and are still in possession of your mind; if you don't, well…keep drinking your Kool-Aid.
Anyway, what drives these Obots? Just for kicks, I wanted to share a couple theories on this. Here's one I find particularly intriguing, from Right Truth:
An Examination of Obama's Use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques in His Speeches (pdf) (thanks to Right Truth reader Junichi)THE EVIDENCE IS HERE: This document contains over 60 pages of evidence and analysis proving Barack Obama's use of a little-known and highly deceptive and manipulative form of “hack” hypnosis on millions of unaware Americans, and reveals what only a few psychologists and hypnosis/NLP experts know.
Barack Obama's speeches contain the hypnosis techniques of Dr. Milton Erickson, M.D. who developed a form of “conversational” hypnosis that could be hidden in seemingly normal speech and used on patients without their knowledge for therapy purposes. Obama's speeches intentionally contain:
– Trance Inductions
– Hypnotic Anchoring
– Pacing and Leading
– Pacing, Distraction and Utilization
– Critical Factor Bypass
– Stacking Language Patterns
– Pre-programed Response Adaptation
– Linking Statements/ Causality Bridges
– Secondary Hidden Meanings/Imbedded Suggestions
– Emotion Transfer
– Non-Dominant Hemisphere Programming
Obama's techniques are the height of deception and psychological manipulation, remaining hidden because one must understand the science behind the language patterns in order to spot them. This document examines Obama's speeches word by word, hand gesture by hand gesture, tone, pauses, body language, and proves his use of covert hypnosis intended only for licensed therapists on consenting patients. Obama's mesmerized, cult-like, grade-school-crush-like worship by millions is not because “Obama is the greatest leader of a generation” who simply hasn't accomplished anything, who magically “inspires” by giving speeches. Obama is committing perhaps the biggest fraud and deception in American history.
Obama is not just using subliminal messages, but textbook covert hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming techniques on audiences that are intentionally designed to sideline rational judgment and implant subconscious commands to think he is wonderful and elect him President. Obama is eloquent. However, Obama's subconscious techniques are shown to elicit powerful emotion from his audience and then transfer those emotions onto him, to sideline rational judgment, and implant hypnotic commands that we are unaware of and can't even consciously question. The polls are misleading because some of Obama's commands are designed to be triggered only in the voting booth on November 4th. Obama is immune to logical arguments like Wright, Ayers, shifting every position, character, and inexperience, because hypnosis
affects us on an unconscious and emotional level. To many people who see this unaccomplished man's unnatural and irrational rise to the highest office in the world as suspicious and frightening and to those who welcome it, this document uncovers, explains, and proves the deceptive tactics behind true “Obama Phenomenon” including why younger people are more easily affected.
EXPOSING OBAMA'S DECEPTION MAY BE THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT DEMOCRACY
The full article in pdf, pages, is located here and I suggest you read it all.
I found the following of great interest:
Specific examples of Obama using 14 separate hypnotic pacing statements in his Denver 2008 Convention speech Elementary pacing examples from Obama include, “now is the time“, and “as I stand here before you.” These statements are undeniably true in the simplest terms and commonly used parts of his pacing techniques, because of course now is the time, and if he is there speaking, of course he is standing before us.
These are things the hypnotist says that are verifiably true, and used to lower our critical factor defenses to allow implantation of subconscious messages. Looking at “pacing” statements alone, Obama's 2008 Democratic National Convention Speech in Denver48 uses them throughout. Yet, nobody suspects these language patterns to be anything other than an innocent part of his powerful speech.
Three of Obama's favorite hypnotic paces are “that's why I stand here tonight“, “now is the time“, and “this moment.” Just these three pacing statements are used by Obama a total of fourteen (14) times throughout this single speech.
Now, I've never been a big believer in hypnotism myself. I suspect it's one of those things that can happen to someone who truly believes it can happen, but a skeptic is extremely unlikely to be hypnotized. As such, I don't know how much truth can be found in this explanation, but I do think it's an interesting suggestion. If anyone out there happens to have some real knowledge about this subject, please drop a comment to educate me!
I've also seen a number of places suggest that Obama is the Anti-Christ. That's a pretty incendiary assertion, and perhaps insulting on the face of it, but it's not entirely without merit. I've often thought myself that the zeal and flagrant disregard for truth and fact shown by the Obots seemed so outrageous that it could only be explained by some sort of spiritual blindness. A thoughtful and intelligent person I know (I believe he considers himself an atheist, or at least a non-Christian) poses the following as a thought-provoker:
27 Characteristics of the Anti-Christ
1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]
2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]
3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]
4. He will rise from obscurity… a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]
5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]
6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]
7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]
8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]
9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era [Dan 7:25]
10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]
11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27] This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem [see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]
12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]
13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]
14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]
15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]
16. He will have “no regard for the desire of women”: He will either be asexual or homosexual [Dan 11:37]
17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]
18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]
19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]
20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]
21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]
22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave [2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]
23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]
24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]
25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]
26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].
27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]
I freely admit that I haven't studied this in depth. And, of course, this is Biblical prophesy, so it is cryptic by definition. I think one can make a pretty ironclad argument for at least some of these characteristics, a lesser argument for some others, and some of them are future things that we simply can't know until they happen. I think that most people could reasonably match at least a few of these to just about any world leader.
Allow me to bloviate on what little I know of the subject from my untrained opinion.
First, we need to differentiate those characteristics we can verify from those we can't. The first one is quite verifiable, at least in the case of Obama. Translating “Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks” into modern day locations, I believe that would be Iraq, Iran, and the area around the Mediterranean sea. If we're talking about the Roman Empire, that could also include parts of southern Europe. Even if Obama was born in Kenya, that's quite a stretch, geographically speaking. A Hawaiian birth would make it out of the question.
Some of the other characteristics that pretty obviously appear to rule out Obama:
6./21. — he has actually said he believes in Jesus Christ; while I suppose you could argue that he's lying, he has publicly stated that belief more than once; while he has made statements that approach the supernatural (i.e. lower the oceans), he has certainly not explicitly claimed to be Christ
16. — he's married and has kids; again, you could argue that's a false pretense, but the obvious evidence is to the contrary
19. — one of the big fears about Obama is that he's going to gut the U.S. military
20. — no news on miracles that I know of
As you probably know, I think Joel Rosenberg really knows what he's talking about. He predicts (this is me condensing an enormous amount of information into a gross oversimplification for the sake of brevity) that the next major world war will be pit an Iranian-Russian-Arab coalition against Israel, with no noticeable participation by the U.S. If I understand things correctly, it is only after that war that the Anti-Christ will come into the world. As the world's only super-power right now, the U.S. would obviously play a major part in any such conflict, were it to happen right now. Of course, if the American economy tanked, plunging us into another depression and thus out of a position of global leadership, that would fit in with Rosenberg's global predictions perfectly…but it would also rule out Obama as the Anti-Christ.
Obama certainly speaks boastfully, does as he pleases, and has already promised to change laws to benefit himself; it's not a stretch to suggest that he will try to define a new era in his own name, especially given his tendencies to create new presidential seals long before becoming President. But that only makes him a narcissistic, arrogant, selfish (normal) politician, not the Anti-Christ. I'm sure a trained theologian would have much greater insight on this than I do. If any are out there reading, please feel free to drop a comment to inform us all!
I think that the most likely explanation for the Obot phenomenon is much more simple: hope. Obama has masterfully conducted his entire political career in such a way that he has taken very few stands on any consequential issues. He has voted present, if you will, whenever possible. His fancy rhetoric has covered over his lack of substance to such a degree that what he says and what he has actually done are two completely different things. He says whatever his audience wants to hear, even if it contradicts something he said the day before to a different audience. He has risen so far so fast that no one has had time to pin him down on his record, either. This is only possible in an atmosphere where the media refuse to perform objective reporting, but that is precisely where we find ourselves today. Obama is a blank slate onto which his followers can project whatever it is that they want him to be. He is, quite simply, a pretty-looking vessel for their individual hopes and dreams, and he sounds great while talking about an illusion of a common struggle and triumph, despite its utter lack of real substance.
He is what people want him to be, what they think he is.
That's why his Obots have ceased thinking. They are convinced that he is exactly who they want. He is everything they could hope for in a President. They are enthralled by the idea of Barack Obama, not by Barack Obama himself. It doesn't matter what he has done, only what he promises to do. It doesn't matter whether he can actually do it or not, but how he makes them feel.
The ramifications of this are, of course, problematic. The President doesn't get the luxury of voting present. When he has to start making real decisions that affect the real lives of real people, those same Obots who truly believed with their heart and soul that Obama understood them and committed to protect them will get a rude awakening. They will discover that he isn't actually what they had hoped for as he raises taxes on them, tanks the economy, and weakens America's defenses and terrorism policies, thus opening us up to more attacks. He will inevitably betray them because no one can follow through on the specific hopes of tens of millions of individual people. It just isn't possible.
All of this is purely a hypothetical exercise, of course, and you're free to take or leave my opinion as you see fit (or form your own and leave a comment). The reality is that, for whatever the reason, there are a lot of Obots out there, and it is clear they are determined to push their Obamessiah into the White House without any rational thought on who he is, what he has done, or what he will do in the future.
And that is a very dangerous thing.
There's my two cents.