If you’re not willing to make significant sacrifices in your life to save the environment, don’t worry, you’re not alone. A new Rasmussen survey “shows that only 17% of adults believe most Americans would be willing to make major cutbacks in their lifestyle in order to help save the environment. Most (65%) say that’s not the case.” But that’s the name of the game for radical environmental agendas and even government regulations geared towards forcing Americans to use less energy. Environmentalists want people to dramatically change their behavior. Of the ideas suggested by environmentalists or proposed/enacted by Members of Congress, what would the respondents consider major cutbacks?
• Paying significantly higher electricity bills.
• More pain at the gas pump
• Forced into smaller, less safe vehicles
• Swapping your pet cat or dog for a pet you can eat
• Reducing your meat consumption
• Eliminating school choice
• Rolling brownouts and blackouts
• Regulations on schools, farms, restaurants, hospitals, apartment complexes, churches, and anything with a motor—from motor vehicles to lawnmowers, jet skis, and leaf blowers.
These are just a few examples of environmental alarmist ideas to reduce our nation’s carbon footprint or actual government-proposed laws and regulations. Are those major enough?
I’m glad to see that the sanity of the American people is intact, but it’s all the more disturbing to see what the enviro-nitwits are willing to do to those sane people in the name of their ludicrous cause. At this point, given what’s transpired over the past few months, there is really zero reason these people should be given any credence whatsoever. We have real problems that need to be solved, things much more pressing than a politically-driven hoax that would trigger a standard of living more akin to a third world country than 21st century America. They need to go away.
There’s my two cents.